Monday 3 April 2017

Warfare and Weapons in Ancient Egypt


Starting on April 17th, Egyptologists from the University of Manchester have created an entirely new and revised version of the popular short course "Warfare and Weapons in Ancient Egypt" on the Canvas platform. Composed of entirely new material and taught by Dr Nicky Nielsen, the course investigates how Pharaoh's soldiers fought, won and lost in the great game of politics across the Ancient World. This five-week course is completely free and enrolment has already begun here: https://www.canvas.net/browse/uofmanchester/courses/warfare-weapons-ancient-egypt

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to enrol but impossible as disabled. Do any courses come on line that you know of. Thanks Anne

Jane Akshar said...

Do check the link Anne, the course is online. Manchester do loads of online stuff including the Certificate and Diploma

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link and now enrolled thank you. Just back from Luxor as so hot and need to brush up I have got my certificate and Diploma at UCL. You have a very good site and keeps me in touch until back in November in Luxor. I could not get to the Sekhmet conference - any write-upd of it please.

Jane Akshar said...

I didnt take notes as it is going to be published, Contact Betsy or Hourig and ask for details when it happens. If I see it I will share