Monday 31 October 2016

Seti I, Nefertari and Luxor Pass TOMORROW 1st November


I went to the Opening Dinner of the 5th Global Summit on City Tourism tonight. It is always a bit of a nightmare when you go on your own who you will get to sit next too but practically the first people I saw were all my Antiquities Department buddies Mohammed Abel Aziz Head of Upper Egypt Moustafa Wazery Head of Luxor and others from the taftish. The guy I got to sit next to was Ahmed Khatifa who is Head of PR so I quizzed him about tickets.
  • 1)      The tombs and the Luxor pass are available tomorrow 1st November
  • 2)      The ticket for Nefertari will be available at the Valley of Queens ticket office
  • 3)      The ticket for Seti I tomb will be available at the Valley of Kings ticket office
  • 4)      They are both 1000LE
  • 5)      The Luxor pass valid for 5 days is available at the east bank tuftish(antiquities office) which is behind Luxor Museum. You should ask for Ahmed Khalifa
  • 6)      $100 USD pass ($50 USD for students) is WITHOUT Nefertari and Seti I
  • 7)      $200 USD pass ($100 USD for students) is WITH Nefertari and Seti I

Update with answers to the questions you asked


The office on the east bank is open 9-4:30 every day including Friday (I did ask specifically)
You need a photo and a copy of the details page of your passport to get the Luxor Pass
There is a limit of 150 people a day to Nefertari and Seti I tombs

4 comments:

Farley Flavors said...

Thanks for the info Jane. Strange pricing. At the current exchange rate it's cheaper to buy the pass than individual tomb tickets! I guess they want the hard currency.

Sandro said...

thank you Jane. what is the opening time of the office in east bank? We need to have a photo for the five days ticket?

Sandro said...

thank you Jane. what is the opening time of the office in east bank? We need to have a photo for the five days ticket?

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for this useful information Jane.