Thursday 9 June 2011

More photos from Richard Sellicks - Kharga Oasis

Richard says "Fort Qasr Al Dush (if I have got it right) in the Kharga Oasis. First time Don and I went to Kharga we saw this fort on a hill a little off from the road, we went to investigate and to our surprise there was a temple within."

My trusty Baedecker says "In the extreme south of the Kharga Oasis lies the large village of Baris. South West of which by way of El-Maks is Qasr Dush (ancient Cysis) with a large temple of the Roman Imperial period dedicated to Serpis and Isis."





















Fort Qasr Al Dush (if I have got it right) in the Kharga Oasis. First time Don and I when't to Kharga we saw this fort on a hill a little off from the road, we went to investigate and to our surprise there was a temple within.

No comments: