Thursday 19 February 2009

Egyptian archaeologists uncover ancient statues in Luxor_English_Xinhua

I got some more information on this. Firstly an email
Hello Jane,

regarding the news "Egyptian archaeologists uncover ancient statues in Luxor" I was told that the finds were done at the temple of Amenhotep III and "belong" to Dr. Hourig, not to Mostafa Waziri.

Furthermore, I have gotten the information that another sphinx has been found there, but nothing about a bust of Hatshepsut. Do you have more information about the bust.

Best regards,

Dr. Karl H. Leser,
Germany


and secondly Mansour Boraik told me at the lecture last night it was definately Dr Hourig that has made the discovery. Many thanks to both of them for this update. If anyone else can give me more information on this story I would be very grateful


Egyptian archaeologists uncover ancient statues in Luxor_English_Xinhua

No more details than this at the moment but how exciting

No comments: